Monday, June 23, 2008

AIKO IS IN "HEAT"!


If you remember, the smallest dog that we have is Aiko. She is a shih tzu/pug mixed dog and though she looks like a puppy, she is now more than a year-old.

Four days ago, I noticed some blood droplets on the floor while I was cleaning. I thought it was either Yuki ( our female pit) or Sasha (our female labrador retriever) having a menstrual period. But when I checked, it's Aiko.

So the past two days, my son, Jason and I scouted around for a possible mate. Due to her size, we can only hope for a pure or mixed pug or shih tzu. There are a lot of pure pugs or shih tzus offering stud services, but because of their papers, they are reluctant to have their pure-blooded pets mate our Aiko. Though it is rather difficult, we finally found someone with a pure pug who is kind enough to offer his stud. And so, a week from now, we will be bringing Aiko to their place for their "mating" session.

I do hope she will be healthy enough to give us a litter. Yuki wasn't so fortunate, she lost her two pups in a premature delivery. We're keeping our fingers crossed.

No comments:

Your Name :
Your Email :
Subject :
Message :
Image (case-sensitive):